5083 aluminum plate, with thickness more than 6mm and magnesium content between 4.0% - 4.9% by weight, belongs to high-magnesium and non-heat-treatable alloy, and has higher strength and lower formability than 5052 aluminum alloy.
Specification of 5083 aluminum sheet
1. Thickness: 0.15-600mm
2. Width: 500-2800mm
5. Certificate: DNV/ABS/Lioyds/BV
6. Feature: Corrosion resistance, high precision and fatigue resistance.
7. Tensile Strength：170～360MPa
8. Yield strength (MPa)≥65
9. Modulus of elasticity(E): 69.3～70.7Gpa
Applications of 5083 aluminum alloy plates:
1. Shipbuilding: yachts, patrol ships, cargo ships, workboats, fishboats etc.
2. Presure vessels, storage tanks.
3. Vehicle bodies:metro train, tip truck and tank truck bodies etc.
4. Aluminum armor, aircraft welding parts.
The performance of 5083 aluminum sheet
1. Corrosion Resistance
The typical application of 5083 is in the marine environment. with more than 3½% mg Mg content, it can be susceptible to stress corrosion cracking, which limits its application temperature to below 65°C and also limits the amount of cold work to ¼ Hard.
2. Heat Treatment
The 5083 can not be harden by heat treatment. It can be significantly hardened by cold work (cold rolling) and various “H”tempers are produced – most commonly H32 (¼ Hard) or the similar strength marine tempers H116 and H321 – as well as the soft annealed Temper O condition.
It can be Excellent weld-ability by all standard electric, GMAW and GTAW are preferred and widely used to produce structural welds.